Friday, December 23, 2016

LAST PAGE IN MY JOURNAL OF COLLAGES



Does this look like it could be a Christmas card?  Well…that was the intention but after I finished it, I felt that it was a little too weird to send to friends and family. After all...a card is a gift and as such shouldn't it be something for the recipient to enjoy and therefore, be a reflection of their tastes and not necessarily mine? Maybe if I change out the crown for a wreath of holly and berries.  Anyway, just a thought and maybe I will modify it for next year.

Finished collage


Now...on to making the cover for the journal and it will finally be complete.  (Only several years in the making.)  The cover will be fabric with a transfer of one of the collage pages and maybe some quilting. That will be a post for another time.

Thanks for stopping by and until next time….

Hugs,
Ginny

4 comments:

  1. Ginny, maybe they expect the unusual from you and will treasure such a fab card.
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monica…that is very sweet of you to say. I guess that I try too hard to please my audience and didn't realize it until I put it in writing. That darn fear rearing it's ugly head again! lol

      Delete
  2. WOW!!! Incredible!
    Ginny, your collage work is fantastical and really quite magical!
    Would you consider adding a follow by email gadget?
    Jackie ")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie for your wonderful comments. I definitely will look into adding a "follow by email gadget."

      Delete