Friday, January 2, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Wow!  This year traveled at lightening speed!  
WHERE DID IT GO?  
So many projects started and sadly...not completed. 
Yet...so many completed and hanging on the walls of my studio or hopefully, 
on the walls of friends and family that I gifted my art. 

With the start of 2015 it is time for me to make promises 
of what I hope to accomplish in the New Year. 

MY NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS:
1. Complete unfinished projects or swap with a friend to complete. 
2. Continue to learn new techniques and share with my blog followers. 
3. Blog more often and maybe even venture into posting video's of my art journals.
 4. Commit to placing all my energy into one art form with the hope
of finding my own style. 

This past year, I had done a lot of experimenting with
many different art forms which, I feel, resulted in my becoming a 
"Jill of all trades and a master of none!" 
In the New Year, I hope to focus on one art form…be it mixed media collage, 
drawing faces and the human figure, 
fantasy art/drawing from the imagination or 
maybe combining all three onto my journal pages.
A combination of collage incorporating drawing and painting of faces and people 
(animals too) all derived from the imagination. 

Sooooo….I guess that I better get started!!!!

Here are a few faces that will eventually find their way into my art  journals.
  


In closing, I would like to borrow a quote I saw on FB by Neil Gaiman and it is my wish for you:

" May your coming year be filled with magic
 and dreams and good madness,
I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone 
who thinks you're wonderful,
and don't forget to make some art…write or draw 
or build or sing or live as only you can.
And I hope, somewhere in the next year you surprise yourself."
                                                            Neil Gaiman

Let's make art as only you can and may you be surprised by its greatness!!!!

Hugs,
Ginny

2 comments:

  1. Ginny!!!! I love the illustrations and encourage you to post journal videos! I would love to see them. I added you to my blog roll so I can stay updated on post. Check out my blog awakeohsleeper.blogspot.com when you get a chance. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brian!! So glad you are visiting my blog and added it to your blog roll. I signed up to follow your blog as well! I love your blog and your wonderful art!!! If I was a guy, I would draw action figures like you and Tracy Moore but somehow when I try my hand at it…it wimps out! lol

      Delete