Sunday, March 2, 2014

GREATEST GIFT OF THE GARDEN

"The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses."

Soon it will be Spring in Florida.  The oak trees are dropping their leaves like crazy…getting ready to put out new ones and my African Iris put out one bloom….trying to get an early start.  I can't wait!

This has been a really cold winter for Floridians.  I know that you Northerners would probably think that it is bathing suit weather compared your temperatures but we have a damp cold that chills a body to the bone.  Anyway, I am ready to put away my winter clothes in exchange for shorts, sleeveless tops…and flip flops!!!!

Here is the latest journal page in my "Teesha" journal.  I guess you could say that the garden was definitely on my mind…not initially but that's how it ended up. When I first start a page I seldom plan a story or theme…it just sort of evolves and then when it presents itself…I choose the quote.  Some people call this tuning into the universe or being guided by your muse.  Whatever it is that guides me…the universe, a muse or something else…I give thanks!  It is this part of the creative process with it's unexpected twists and turns that gives me the most pleasure when making my art.


Until next time!

Hugs,
Ginny

2 comments:

  1. Lovely journal page! I'm a new fan :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristin. Always good to have someone who appreciates your efforts!

      Delete