Monday, September 10, 2012

REPEAT THE FOLLOWING S'IL VOUS PLAIT:

I am working in my altered book journal again and this time I decided to do a little collage work.  I have this beautiful hand stamped paper that I rarely use....only because inspiration doesn't hit me.... and I also have bits of ephemera and handmade Washi tape that looks gorgeous with the stamped paper.  Boy...that handmade faux Washi tape has really come in handy!  I seem to be using it in everything!!!  Many times it is just the right accent to add interest to a page.

This is how I made this page:    I scribbled and then rubbed Faber Castell Gelatos over the entire background.  Because the book paper is slick, they moved around with no problem,  No need to add water!!!  Then I started gluing the hand stamped paper and ephemera.  I did a little stenciling with the Gelatos, a chevron design, but covered up most of it with the final layers.



Now it is time to start doodling and adding Zentangle patterns with alcohol markers.  I used Prismacolor markers and fine line Sharpies because the vivid colors do so well on the book paper.  I also own Letraset Promarkers but the colors didn't do as well.  When I applied them the colors seemed a little washed out and they seemed to bleed a little.  I had to experiment with my pens to find the ones that worked the best.  Then I added lots of handmade Washi tape, the text blocks, and white pen accents.  There you have It.....


Just in case you can't tell which is the handmade Washi tape; the ticket and center of the tall flower is tape made from dinner napkins.  The green dotted flower center, the pink and red dotted tape,  the purple tape with squiggles, the blue tape with squiggles and the green and blue chevron design are  all faux Washi tape doodled using alcohol markers.   

Hmm......I wonder if you would get this hand drawn look if you used commercial Washi tape?   

No comments:

Post a Comment