Monday, September 3, 2012

ALTERED BOOK JOURNAL USING ALCOHOL MARKERS

I tried painting a page in my "altered book journal" with alcohol markers, Copic, Prismacolor and Letraset Promarkers...right over a text page that was not gessoed and I like the results.  It didn't bleed through to the backside of the page too bad and I am confident that any bleed through can be gessoed over.  The markers went down smoothly like I was painting on bristol.


The black rectangular area under the purple flower was a B&W photo in the book that I painted over with markers.  You can't tell can you?  I think that it really adds to the overall interest of the page.  It would be flat and look all the same with out it.  You know what they say, "If you can't beat em...join them.  In this case I chose to "join them" and make the photo area part of the design.  The black polka dot washi tape also helped to balance the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment