Sunday, September 9, 2012

ALTERED JOURNAL - ANOTHER FACE

This is another Prismacolor face that I had done in a much larger scale and decided that she needed to go into my altered book journal.


I also decided that this was going to be a two page spread and to include the quote:  

"Be content with yourself just the way you are.  Let this knowledge settle into your 
bones and allow your soul to sing, dance, praise and love."  

Oops, lost track of who said that or I would give them credit.  Guess that I will need to do some research.   

This is how I made it:  There were two photos on the page that I decided to cover up by gluing a torn map over them.  Then I sprayed blue Smooch and Black Dylusions in certain areas and mopped slightly.  Let dry.  Then I dabbed White and (red) Barn Door Distress Stain on the page, misted it with water and allowed it to bleed and drip.  


Then using a stencil, Soot and Mustard Seed Distress Ink pads and a brush, I stenciled the checkerboard squares and misted slightly.


Using white gesso and a circle stencil, I created some texture, outlined the circles with a black pen and added dots of Barn Door Distress Stain.  Then I added some of my homemade faux wash tape, glued the girls face, added more faux washi tape, the lettering and I'm done!


Hope that you enjoyed this and that it inspires you to try drawing faces using Prismacolor pencils.





No comments:

Post a Comment